|A lab equipped with everything an engineer needs to develop designs of various buildings, technologies and improvements.|
|Size||4 x 3|
|Build time||1h 30m|
|Base Heating Level||2|
|Employees||5 Engineers or 1 Automaton(engineer)|
|Working Hours||8:00 - 18:00|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Workshop is available from the start, can be built from Tech tab.
Description[edit | edit source]
Necessity is the Mother of Innovation, add bit of desperation and need to survive in a post-apocalyptic winter wasteland in the mix, and your Engineers will cook up miracles. Building the workshop results in the ability to research Improvements and new Buildings. The Technology Tree details all of the current items that can be researched.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Workshops do not stack in ordinary terms. Each one past the first only adds slightly faster research time. Each requires 5 engineers:
- Your first workshop provides the nominal 100% Research Rate. A typical "7-hour" tier one research project would take 7 hours.
- Two Workshops provide a 130% Research Rate (+30%); a 7-hour research project would now take 5.38 hours (7/1.3).
- Three Workshops provide 150%; 7 hours of research take 4.67 hours.
- Each additional workshop past the first three adds 10%.
- To simplify: Past two Workshops, the Research Rate (shown when you click on any Workshop) is 120 + 10 X Workshops (120+10*WS). For example, with 8 Workshops (120 + 8x10), you will have a 200% Research Rate (twice the base level; a 7.5-hour Level 1 project will take 3.5 hours).