||As the brightest minds of Oxford and Cambridge, we have been sent to save priceless seed and plant specimens from the eternal winter. Do we have what it takes to keep the Seedling Arks safe?
The Arks is one of the scenarios in Frostpunk, unlocked after surviving 20 days of A New Home. This scenario revolves around keeping four Seedling Arks from freezing, and producing automatons to keep the city running.
Starting resources & units[edit | edit source]
- Acquisition: From the beginning
- Acquisition: Acquired Factory tech from "Lost Dreadnought" location
- Acquisition: Completed prior quest "Factory"
- Employ at least 2 automatons in the Coal industry
- Employ at least 1 automatons in the Steel industry
- Employ at least 1 automatons in the Wood industry
- Employ at least 1 automatons in the Raw Food industry
- Build 5 Houses.
- Disband All Expeditions and Outposts.
- Gather 8000 Coal.
- Gather 500 Food Rations.
Once New Manchester is scouted, Relief Effort for New Manchester can be completed:
Relief Effort (1/3): Shelter for New Manchester[edit | edit source]
Relief Effort (2/3): Food for New Manchester[edit | edit source]
Relief Effort (3/3): Coal for New Manchester[edit | edit source]
- You will not find any more people than those you start with, except for a single worker, so you should be very careful to avoid letting them die, and try to get automatons produced as quickly and as often as possible. A single automaton requires a hundred steel, a hundred wood, fifty coal, and one steam core. Since you'll be building at least four of them, and probably more, Streamlined Automatons can save a lot of resources.
- Exploring should be high-priority, as the large resource spikes they deliver will allow you to get automatons quicker.
- Other than researching the Beacon, ensuring that heaters and/or steam hubs are researched prior to the first temperature drop is important to prevent the seedlings in the Arks from freezing to death. The Hothouse is also a very high priority research item since you can't hunt with engineers.
- To prevent gravely ill citizens and death, building a medical post early is very important as the player will not acquire additional citizens in the future. As such, passing a law for a cemetery or snow pit should not be a highly prioritized until the moment a citizen dies. Dead bodies are a major source of disease and will cause epidemics without a way to dispose of bodies.
- 24-hour Emergency Shifts and Extended Shifts laws are extremely useful early on in this game mode. That said, be careful not to overuse these laws as it could cause citizens to die.
- Triage is not advised because citizens cannot be re-accumulated.
- Send relief efforts late, you can use the automatons yourself.
- The automatons sent to aid New Manchester do not return.
- Game ends before the storm hits, most likely because arks themselves cannot stand such dramatic temperatures