|This article is a stub. You can help Frostpunk Wiki by .|
Description[edit | edit source]
Raw food is essential to creating Food Rations for the people in Frostpunk. 1 Raw food in a cookhouse with no upgrades, or laws en-acted will produce 2 Food Rationss. People will consume 1 Food Rations per day (Children, Engineers and Workers). People will resort to eating raw food at the same 1 raw food to 1 person ratio, so it is less efficient than a cook house since 1 raw food can produce 2 food rations at the cookhouse. People eating raw food have a higher chance to get sick.
- Starving people eat 2 rations per day.
- Different laws available can change the raw food to food ration formula such as the Soup Law or change consumption of rations such as double rations for the ill law.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Can be obtained by having an active Hunter's Hut or Hunters' Hangar
- Can be obtained by researching the Hothouse at the Workshop after researching Upgrade 1 which unlocks the Hothouse option.
- Can also be obtained on Scouting Missions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Q: How many Hunters Hut should I build initially?
A: It is best to get 1 Hunters hut up right away so there is an incoming food stream - Essentially, hungry people get sick, and very sick people don't work. Based on simple math, one hunt can deliver up to 15 raw food which will turn into 30 cooked rations. You would need 2.5 hunters huts to feed your starting 80 people. With the Hunters Hut upgrade, you can increase raw food to up to 20, which means you would just need 2.0 huts to feed your 80 people.