- 1 1.2.0 | The Fall of Winterhome
- 2 1.1.2 | People and Automatons
- 3 1.1.1 | Extreme Difficulty
- 4 1.1.0 | Survivor Mode
- 5 1.0.1 | Fixes, updates, AlienFX
1.2.0 | The Fall of Winterhome[edit | edit source]
on September 19th 2018
1.1.2 | People and Automatons[edit | edit source]
on August 6th 2018 (Steam and GOG), Hot Patch on August 10th (Steam) and August 27th (GOG)
New feature: You can now rename characters and automatons - You can now give characters and automatons personalized names. In addition, it is now possible to search for a character or automaton by given name.
New visuals were added to the following buildings:
Outposts and Workshops
1.1.1 | Extreme Difficulty[edit | edit source]
on June 28th 2018 (Steam) and on July 2nd (GOG)
New features: Extreme Difficulty level based on Survivor Mode - now you can play every scenario on the hardest difficulty without the need to turn on the Survivor Mode – so you still have the option to pause the game and save it normally.
Smaller changes and balancing:
- Removed unfinished Workshop models, thus fixing possible glitches and crashes
- Fixed crash in the Economy Panel
- Fixed visual glitch in settings menu
- Fixed and enabled Ansel in the Survivor Mode
- Minor fixes in translations
- Fixed issue where wrong icons were showing on buildings in various situations
- Additional minor tweaks and fixes
1.1.0 | Survivor Mode[edit | edit source]
on June 19th 2018
Survivor Mode[edit | edit source]
Remember the Development Road Map that we’ve posted some time ago? The time has come to introduce the promised Survivor Mode to the game! It’s a special feature for the most seasoned arctic survivalists among you. If you find Hard difficulty all too easy, test the limits of your ability to survive the winter apocalypse in this brand new mode! You can pause the game only by opening a menu – so there is no active pause whatsoever! – and your progress is only saved automatically and on exit, so all your decisions are final. The difficulty level itself is also more rough and demanding – meeting the people’s needs or balancing the delicate economy of your city will be even harder. What’s more: finishing the game in this mode will reward you with some new achievements as well. To start a new game in Survivor Mode, select a scenario and toggle the switch below the customization button.
New features[edit | edit source]
- Added Survivor Mode!
- Survive against all odds. There’s no active pause, the game will be very difficult and your progress will be saved on exit only.
- Added achievements for Survivor Mode
- Brand new achievements that you can get only by beating the game on the Survivor Mode!
- Added Ansel SDK integration
- Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots and view in 360. Compose your screenshots from any position, adjust them with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share them in 360 degrees using your mobile phone, PC, or VR headset. That’s the theory. In practice, this tool allows you – among other things – to take super cool, high resolution screenshots like this one. You can learn more on the Ansel website.
- Added quick save/load – default F5 and F9
Smaller changes and balancing[edit | edit source]
- Constructed streets now more easily connect to already existing street net
- Rebalanced amount of starting resources and resources on frostland for Refugees and The Arks scenarios in easy and hard difficulty setting.
- Hunters will now have to rest for a few hours after coming back from the hunt. It will no longer be possible to send them to other work immediately.
- Added blocking other panels by in-game menu
- Changed extraction rate value for all pickable resources – replaced potential value with all employees by actual value based on efficiency
- It is now possible to bind keyboard shortcuts to “Fast speed” and “Very fast speed” commands
- Increased precision of the gathered Steam Cores amount to 2 digits after comma
- Added emergency shift trackers to pickable resources
Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed conditions for Saviour and Iron Saviour achievements
- Fixed certain endlog variations that didn’t display properly when Cannibalism law was passed
- Fixed overlapping trackers on frostland (sites, expeditions, transports, survivors)
- Fixed missing recurring consequences of Emergency Shifts. Watch out when you exert your workforce!
- Fixed showing tutorials after loading save
- Fixed a bug causing snow caps to accumulate on buildings that were just built inside heat zone
- Fixed scrollbars in all expedition building selection panels
- Fixed some translations
- Fixed many UI show/hide animations
- Fixed closing notifications on pause
- Enabled notifications visibility on Frostland
- Fixed queuing unlocked resources on resource bar
- Fixed texts serializations – all texts will be in current language, even after changing language in main menu and loading save
- Fixed calculating average discontent for expeditions
- Fixed states (selected, pressed) for many buttons in selection panel
- Fixed current research description text on workshop selection panel
- Fixed displaying prohibited citizen groups on population panel
- Fixed disabled people outside care house count
- Fixed two crashes that occurred in rare circumstances
- Fixed a bug causing upgraded buildings to overlap adjacent streets
1.0.1 | Fixes, updates, AlienFX[edit | edit source]
on May 18th 2018 (Steam) and on May 23rd (GOG)
Here's the full list of changes and fixes[edit | edit source]
- Default display mode detection fix - we know you've experienced some issues with screen resolutions; it should be all fixed now (if it's still happening for you - we have a manual solution that you can use - described below)
- More diagnostics tools - we've added some analytics that will help us track and fix issues in the future
- "Bread and Games" achievement is working properly now
- "The Union" achievement is fixed as well - it was working before - but was triggered by wrong events
- "Iron Man (The Arks)" achievement is fixed - now it's only possible to get it during The Arks scenario
- Memory leaks are fixed - which should improve stability and overall performance (more FPS, less crashes etc.)
- Save game buffor memory increased - which should eliminate any issues that you had with autosaving feature
- Fixed a bunch of crashes related to Heaters, Generator and endlog timelapse
Added feature: AlienFX[edit | edit source]
Working with Alienware, we've added new feature to our game - which should brighten up Frostpunk's dark atmoshpere a bit. If you're using compatible hardware:
- Your keyboard's backlight colours will change depending on the current temperature in your city. And let's just say: if you see some purple lights - better fire up that Generator overdrive.
- Weather warnings - when the temperature rises or drops - your keyboard will let you know about it, pulsating with coresponding colours.
Screen resolutions issue - manual solution[edit | edit source]
Remember that one pesky issue that we've mentioned in "changes and fixes" section? The one about resolutions? Well, we've fixed it. However, it's not humanly possible to test it on each and every hardware configuration. So if you - for some strange reason - still encounter this problem, do not despair, we have a manual solution for you.
- Refugee Scenario: Counter on built hangars/hothouses does not start unless both have been researched