House of Healing
|House of Healing|
|A hospital run by the faithful. Heals the sick and the gravely ill slightly slower than an Infirmary, but doesn't require engineers. Slightly raises patients' hope.|
|Size||8 x 4|
|Base Heating Level||2|
|Heat level to operate||Chilly|
|Employees||10 Workers or Engineers or Children(safe jobs)|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
A hospital run by the faithful. Heals the sick and the gravely ill slightly slower than an Infirmary, but doesn't require engineers. Slightly raises patient's hope.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Research Healthcare Insulation (Technology): +1 heat level
- Research Healthcare Insulation II (Technology): +1 heat level
- In area of Shrine: +20% base efficiency with full workers
- Use Extra Rations: +60% efficiency with full workers
- Pass Organ Transplants (Law): +20% base efficiency with full workers
- Pass Medic Apprentices (Law): +20% efficiency between 11:00 and 18:00
- Pass Overcrowding (Law): Allows the house of healing to treat up to 20 patients.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A House of Healing operating at 100% efficiency will cure a Sick person in 15 hours and a Gravely Ill person in 30 hours. Boosts in efficiency will reduce the amount of time it takes to cure people.
- Building a House of Healing will trigger a scripted death through the event A wise man, so do not build one if you are attempting a deathless run.
- Unlike other medical buildings, the House of Healing can never be staffed by an automaton.
- However, if "Child Labour - Safe Jobs" was taken, children can be assigned to work in the House of Healings.
- If instead you chose Child Shelters and later Medic Apprenticeships, the children will help boost the healing efficiency, which makes them more cost-effective.
- While the Infirmary is effectively better at healing the sick and gravely ill, the House of Healing is comparatively cheaper in fulfilling the same function (albeit not so well), does not require a Steam Core and provides a slight hope bonus to patients.
- However, the Infirmary uses less space (6x3) and less people (5 engineers after upgrade) while the House of Healing uses more space (8x4) and more people (10 max).
See also[edit | edit source]
|Care House||House of Healing|