|People working here gather resources from nearby Coal Piles, Wood Crates and Steel Wreckage.|
|Build time||1h 30m|
|Base Heating Level||1|
|Employees||10 Workers or Engineers or Children(safe jobs) or 1 Automaton|
|Working Hours||8:00 - 18:00|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Gathering Post is available from the start, can be built from Resources tab.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Gathering Post is a rickety shack that allows you keep workers relatively warm while they are scavenging and salvaging resources from nearby Wood Crates, Coal Pile, Steel Wreckage, Destroyed Steam Core Transports, Wooden Ruins, or Steel Ruins.
Place the gathering post next to resource piles (wood crates, coal pile, or steel wreckage) and staff it with people and they will gather from any piles within range. This is more efficient than harvesting the piles directly, as harvesting 3 resource piles at maximum efficiency would require a total of 45 people, while the gathering post only takes 10 and harvests faster.
The gathering post is also safer, as people working there will use the insulation of the gathering post instead of the pile they're harvesting.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Research Faster Gathering (Technology): +15% work faster
- Research Efficient Gathering (Technology): +15% work faster
- Research Gathering Post Insulation (Technology): +1 heat level
- Research Gathering Post Insulation II (Technology): +1 heat level
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the limited amount of resource piles, the gathering post's usefulness quickly disappears except for harvesting coal piles produced by a Coal Thumper.
- If you want to harvest a pile quickly, you can staff people in both the gathering post and the pile, or build multiple gathering posts in range.