Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
In the summer of 1886 the snowstorms began. Crops failed, people starved. Millions fled south. They met only chaos, famine, and death.
In the farthest reaches of the resource-rich north, the British Empire began construction of heat-bearing generators, where a chosen few could survive safe from the chaos of crumbling civilization.
They ran out of time.
An apocalyptic ice storm came from the south, devouring all in its path. People fled in panic. Some managed to cross the seas and reach the site of a generator only to find it frozen solid.
The generator was designed to power a city capable of weathering the end of the world...
It falls to us to build it.
- Frostpunk Demo
In an ultimately frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. The city ruler has to manage both the inhabitants and the infrastracture the citizens live in. The leader’s tactical skills face challenges, frequently questioning morality and the basic foundation of what we consider an organized society. Here optimization and resource management often clash with empathy and thoughtful decision-making. While city and society management consume most of the ruler’s time, at some point exploration of the outside world is necessary to understand its history and present state.
What decisions will you make so that society can survive? What will you do when pushed to the limits? And who will you become in the process?
Game Features[edit | edit source]
- The City Must Survive
- Frostpunk is a city-survival game where heat means life and every decision comes with a cost.
- Maintain The Hope
- Survival is about hope and will to live. Your ability to spark and maintain these two concepts in your people will be a determinant factor for success.
- Make The Law
- Society is a group of people abiding the same rules and sharing similar beliefs. Establishing laws and customs will be a crucial factor in shaping your society.
- Weigh Your Choices
- Will you allow child labour? How will you treat the sick and wounded? Frostpunk challenges a player’s tactical skills, while questioning one’s morality.
- The world covers not only bits of the past but also the potential means to secure the future of your people.
Frostpunk is scheduled to release on XBox One and PS4 on October 11, 2019.