Emergency Shift (Law)
Description[edit | edit source]
Sometimes we have to concentrate on the task at hand at the cost of everything else, or die.
Path[edit | edit source]
- Next: Extended Shift (Law)
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- NEW ABILITY: Emergency Shift (Ability) you can force workers in any facility to work for the next 24 hours
Notes[edit | edit source]
Allows the player to increase the work time in certain buildings or resource piles from a standard 10 hour day (08:00 to 18:00) to a full 24 hour shift from when the toggle button is clicked. Must be individually turned on, toggle is located when you click on the building or resource pile near the center of the dialog box. You will see a clock with a yellow arrow pointing up, this is the toggle button to turn it on.
The Emergency shift button will not appear if Emergency Shift law was not en-acted.
WARNING: If any players uses Emergency Shift for the FIRST TIME it will always triggered one of two Events, which cannot be avoided. The first Event triggered when you use Emergency Shift for the frist time on any workplace, with the result that one of our Workers or Engineers dies. The other Event is triggered when you have Child Labour Laws signed and use Emergency Shift on workplace that has Children working, with the result that one of Children dies.
- Use this carefully, one unfortunate streamer enacted the law on the first day and a worker died before the end of the normal work day shift. This can be used to get a decent boost on the first day but at the risk of killing people quickly.
- Also pay attention on resource piles with how much resources are left in the pile before enabling the toggle.. If you have a full staff of 15 workers on a coal pile, they will do 21 coal per hour.. If the Coal Pile has less than 504 coal (21*24), you will use up the entire pile and workers will be sent home near the end of the 23rd hour.
- In another scenario if you have more than 300 but less than 500, it is OK to use Children to deplete the pile as they are less efficient (18*24)=432 but just don't use Emergency Shift on a pile that does not have a lot of material left as the risk isn't worth losing for little resource gain.