|By pumping pressurised water into underground Coal deposits, the Coal Thumper washes the precious resource to the surface, forming a pile of up 560 Coal per standard workday - enough for 2 Gathering Posts.|
|Size||6 x 4|
|Build time||1h 20m|
|Base Heating Level||1|
|Employees||10 Workers or Engineers or Children(all jobs) or 1 Automaton|
|Working Hours||8:00 - 18:00|
|Upgrade to||Steam Coal Thumper|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
Produces coal piles that can be harvested directly or with a Gathering Post. The piles are small and created within the tile of the thumper, so you don't need to clear room around it for them to spawn. The building blueprint shows where they will go, and can be put on any side by rotating it before placing (press the mouse wheel).
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Build Steam Coal Thumper: +560 Coal Piles/10h
- Research Coal Thumper Injectors (Technology): +15% efficiency
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If using Automatons check the rate that coal is being produced and the rate it's being harvested, as it's often better to have an automaton work the gathering post all day and have people run the thumper during work hours.
- Creates enough Coal for two Gathering Posts to harvest.
- Not counting Outpost Depot, coal is the only resource among the main 3 resources that can truly be produced infinitely, due to the coal thumper. The other 2 cap out at around 100,000 - 200,000, depending on the scenario, which is very likely more than you will be capable of harvesting and using in a playthrough, but not actually infinite.