Burn the Past (Arc)
Out with the old[edit | edit source]
This event will trigger shortly after you have both laws passed.
|“||Sir, our Propaganda Centre has organised a symbolic burning of the old laws to help everybody let go of the past and turn their hopes towards the future. Unfortunately it's got a bit out of hand people are bringing all kinds of books and mementos and throwing them on the fire.||„|
You'll have two options:
- Very well, they need to forget the past: Discontent will fall.
- He who forgets the past is bound to repeat it: Guards will stop people. Discontent will rise.
A holdover[edit | edit source]
If you chose "Very well, they need to forget the past" during "Out with the old," this event will trigger next.
|“||Sir, acting on a tip from an informant, our guards searched this man's house and found a hidden stash of old books and papers.
"Did I do something illegal?" the man asks. His frightened expression betrays that he knows the answer very well. "Those are just my old letters, photos, kids books, maybe a schoolbook or two..."
You'll have three options:
- Burn them and punish this man: This man will be hurt. Discontent will fall.
- Let him keep his personal papers: Discontent will rise slightly.
- Leave this man and his books alone: Discontent will rise.
Arson[edit | edit source]
If you chose "Leave this man and his books alone" during "A holdover," this event will trigger next.
|“||Sir, the man who was allowed to keep his old books and papers as a result of your order is being treated for burns and smoke inhalation. Someone set his house on fire. We're lucky the neighbours put it out before it spread.||„|
You'll have two options:
- Find and punish the arsonist: People may get hurt. Discontent will rise.
- Well, he was playing with fire.
Mob in the library[edit | edit source]
Alternatively, if you chose "He who forgets the past is bound to repeat it" during "Out with the old," this event will trigger.
|“||Sir, a group of engineers is here to see you. They complain that some people are interfering with their work.
"Interfering?! That's putting it lightly!" huffs a grey-haired engineer. "It was an angry mob! They stormed our library to take away our manuals and burn them! Before the guards arrived, half the books had been tossed on the floor. It'll take days to find out what's missing!"
You'll have the following options:
- Order the guards to help: Research efficiency will fall by 25% for 24 hours.
- Praise the zeal of our people: Research efficiency will fall by 50% for 24 hours. Discontent will fall.