Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Description[edit | edit source]
- Create 1 Scout: need 40 Wood, 5 Workers (or Engineers in The Arks scenario).
- (Scenario: The Arks) Create 1 Automaton Scout: need 60 Wood, 60 Steel, 200 Coal, 1 Automaton (requires Automaton Scouts (Technology)).
Allows us to send scouts to search the wilderness for goods and survivors and bring them to our city. Lookouts will also spot incoming groups of people.
The Beacon is a strange contraption which is best described as a tethered hot air balloon with a light beacon and lookout post attached underneath it. It functions both as a lookout post and a lighthouse by surveying the surrounding land, and allows the Captain to send out Scouts to search the wilderness for goods and survivors, and bring them to our City by the Beacon’s guiding light. Lookouts will also spot incoming groups of people and bad weather.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Research Automaton Scouts (Technology): +1 Scout limit; allow to create Automaton Scout. This is only available in The Arks.
- Research More Scouts (Technology): +1 Scout limit
- Research Additional Scouts (Technology): +1 Scout limit
- Research Lighter Scout Sleds (Technology): +50% Scout speed
- Research Boosted Scout Sleds (Technology): +100% Scout speed
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player can only build one Beacon at a time.
- Upon finishing the construction of the Beacon, a cutscene will play depicting the air balloon rising above the walls of the The Pit on a tether.