|This article is a stub. You can help Frostpunk Wiki by .|
People are one of the main driving forces of Frostpunk. The game mainly revolves around keeping them alive, healthy, and happy, and they are required to perform the functions of most buildings until Automatons can be secured.
Type[edit | edit source]
Workers[edit | edit source]
Workers make up a majority of the people you encounter. They are mostly limited to simple jobs, but they are also capable of performing some of the more manual or physically demanding work that engineers cannot.
Engineers[edit | edit source]
Engineers are less common, and are required to perform more advanced jobs such as manning Medical Posts and Workshops. However they cannot work in Hunters' Huts or Hunters' Hangars or (except in The Arks scenario) be made Scouts.
Children[edit | edit source]
Children make a small portion of your populace. They are unable to perform any jobs unless the child labour law is signed.
Alternatively, they can be put into Child Shelters for a Hope bonus and later employed as medical or engineering apprentices to raise the efficiency of Infirmaries or Workshops, respectively. Without any of these bills being signed, children do not serve any function but still take up food and housing.
Amputees[edit | edit source]
Status[edit | edit source]
Your citizens can have a number of statuses related to their well being. These statuses fall in a number of categories that are similar to your citizens' needs. Lack of these statuses usually means that your citizens' needs are being met.
Sickness[edit | edit source]
- Amputee - This person has lost one of their limbs. They can't work until they receive a prosthesis.
- Sick - This person is sick and will get worse if not treated properly.
- Gravely Ill - This person is on the brink of death, but a specialist in the Infirmary may still be able to do something...
- In treatment - This person is sick but being treated.
- In palliative care - This person is in palliative care to keep them comfortable and alive as long as possible. They are either gravely ill or an amputee.
Food[edit | edit source]
- Hungry - This person has been going without food for some time.
- Starving - This person has been going without food for a long time and is now starving - and willing to do anything for a scrap of bread.
Housing[edit | edit source]
- Homeless - This person doesn't have any shelter for the night and will be forced to sleep on the ground.